Data from the China Tea Marketing Association and the US Census Bureau (GATS) was recently published regarding China exports and US imports of tea for April 2022.
- April total export volume is UP 8.5% year on year
- GREEN tea accounted for 83% of total export volume.
- Average prices are DOWN 11.5% over the previous April to $5.23/kg
- Exports of GREEN tea volume INCREASED 6.7% over April 2021
- Exports of BLACK tea volume INCREASED 32.3% over same time last year
- Average price for April GLOBAL imports was $4.13/kg, DOWN 7.6% over the previous April
- Average price for April CHINA imports was $4.35/kg, UP 48% over April 2021
- 43.7% of all GREEN tea import (volume) was from China, but only 20.9% of VALUE
- 49.3% of the month’s US ORGANIC tea import volume was from China