Data from the China Tea Marketing Association and the US Census Bureau (GATS) was recently published regarding China exports and US imports of tea for July 2022.
- July total export volume is UP 17.3% year on year
- GREEN tea accounted for 84.1% of total export volume.
- Average prices are DOWN 24.5% over the previous July to $5.60/kg
- Exports of GREEN tea volume INCREASED 20.3% over July 2021
- Exports of BLACK tea volume INCREASED 3.4% over the same time last year
- Average price for July GLOBAL imports was $3.52/kg, DOWN 17.5% over the previous July
- Average price for July CHINA imports was $3.18/kg, DOWN 23.4% over July 2021
- 49.5% of all GREEN tea import (volume) was from China, but only 21.7% of VALUE
- 24.2% of the month’s US ORGANIC tea import volume was from China- a significant drop