Data from the China Tea Marketing Association and the US Census Bureau (GATS) was recently published regarding China exports and US imports of tea for March 2022.
- March total export volume is UP 1.8% year on year
- GREEN tea accounted for 85% of total export volume.
- Average prices are DECREASED slightly over the previous March to $5.41/kg
- Exports of GREEN tea volume INCREASED 1.9% over March 2021
- Exports of BLACK tea volume INCREASED 5.2% over same time last year
- Average price for March GLOBAL imports was $4.96/kg, UP 6.4.% over the previous March
- Average price for March CHINA imports was $5.19/kg, UP 8.1% over March 2021
- 28% of all GREEN tea import (volume) was from China, but only 15% of VALUE