View Firsd Tea’s private brand options on RangeMe.
Some of the highlights include:
- Tea saw a 19.5% increase in sales over the previous year, reaching dollar sales of nearly $840 million
- Tea sales growth outpaced that of sports drinks and did more volume than juices
- Instant teas as a separate category grew by 18.8%
Grocery tea sales increased by 19.5%, with store brand teas as an important driver
Recent trends in private label that support tea growth:
- 2020 import data coincides with consumer preferences for healthy green teas over traditional black tea blends
Store brand teas have also upped their game, focusing more on:
- Certified teas – USDA Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO, and free-from claims
- Flavor + Function – movement beyond the basic flavors towards teas for digestion, relaxation, and other benefits
Considering that approximately 75% of the items in a grocery store carries are “slow-moving,” these boosts in tea sales cannot be ignored.