Data from the China Tea Marketing Association and the US Census Bureau (GATS) was recently published regarding China exports and US imports of tea for February 2022.
- Jan-Feb total export volume is UP 31.8% year on year
- GREEN tea accounted for 85% of total export volume.
- Average prices are DOWN slightly over the previous Jan/Feb to $5.54/kg
- Exports of GREEN tea volume INCREASED 36.2% over Jan/Feb 2021
- Exports of BLACK tea volume INCREASED 11.1% over same time last year
60.8% of all ORGANIC US TEA IMPORTS were from China
- Average price for February GLOBAL imports was $4.99/kg, UP 21.8% over the previous February
- Average price for February CHINA imports was $4.18/kg, UP 6.3% over Feb 2021
- 36.3% of all GREEN tea import (volume) was from China, but only 15.1% of VALUE