Data from the China Tea Marketing Association and the US Census Bureau (GATS) was recently published regarding China exports and US imports of tea for June 2022.
- June total export volume is DOWN 2.7% year on year
- GREEN tea accounted for 82.7% of total export volume.
- Average prices are DOWN 17.6% over the previous June to $5.65/kg
- Exports of GREEN tea volume DECREASED 5.3% over June 2021
- Exports of BLACK tea volume REMAINED THE SAME over the same time last year
- Average price for June GLOBAL imports was $3.88/kg, DOWN 15.8% over the previous June
- Average price for June CHINA imports was $3.62/kg, DOWN 30.3% over June 2021
- 47.1% of all GREEN tea import (volume) was from China, but only 19.5% of VALUE
- 53% of the month’s US ORGANIC tea import volume was from China