Data from the China Tea Marketing Association and the US Census Bureau (GATS) was recently published regarding China exports and US imports of tea for March 2021.
- Although March export volumes ended lower, Q1 2021 came in higher than Q1 2020
- Average export price for March was $5.51/kg
- Q1 volumes reached 76,000 MT
- Q1 export value increased 28.2%
- China green tea counted for 35.2% of total green import volume
- Average price was $4.67 for global imports. Average price for China imports was $4.80
- Indications of an increase in higher value, or value-added green teas having arrived in March